• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cell Phone Providers

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
Anyone have any experience with Cingular and Sprint?

What phones are the best far as performance. I have noticed Moto's drop signal and calls the most. But they have the most features.

I use Cingular. good coverage here, never had a problem with the plan or service.
Yes on the Moto`s
I have sent several Moto`s back to the Service center in Tx for repair/replacement under warn-ty.
The V-400, it has a lot of nice features, but the dam things are buggie.
The best phone I have used to date is a Siemens Model A-56
Good phone, not a lot of features, but it works, every time, better Batt life than the Moto, very dependable.

Jeff

Had Cellone for 15 years then switchd because they didnt have any phones I liked...After that I went to Sprint..Decent coverage but not as good as I needed for my work & hobby..Mostly coverd major hyways & large towns...Im now with Altell & love it...Great coverage,great phones,great coustomer service,& you can change your plan any time you want..

How about experience with three different services.. :LOL: :LOL:

My family phone package is with Verizon (3 phones,Nokias...teenager proof 8) :LOL: :LOL: ) Good service but still has drop zones..

Moms business phone is Cingular (the old AT&T :) ) great service but limited coverage traveling thru states :shock: ..

And the last one is Nextel in the "Big Office",company wide with Moto's (tempermental "Buggas" ;) ) Phone side works great but the two-way has more drop zones around our small town job sites :twisted: :shock: ;) ...

Snoope back quiet

p.s. who needs phones when you're running fully "Legal Magnum powa" :LOL: ;) :LOL:

I have Verizon right now and seem to like it....Service is good and the coverage is the best of any that I have had but they still have drop zones.

I used cingular they were poor outfit in my town if i had 2 phones both with full signal and live 5blocks for nearest tower and i called one phone using the other phone nothing would happen phone wouldnt ring it would just go to voice mail or sometime it wouldnt even do that so i cancled the contrct and tookit up with better buisness department they couldnt fix the problem so i stioped the contact and didnt hav eto pay early termination fee so i switch to nextel and have neverbeen happier with my cell phone since i switched phone providers

Another vote for Cingular here, I do a lot of roaming in the big rig and they seem to be the best I have used so far....My company phone is a Nextel they are getting better and the 2 way feature is nice, but the coverage while roaming is still not quite what it should be....73 Mike :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.