• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

censorship

Is this a joke I assume?
Not a joke. Radio is the last place you can express your old fashioned views, politic, and be politicly incorrect all you want. I love my radio. Nobody will ever be able to censor your free speech.

INSPECTION AUTHORITY

Section 303(n) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, (Act) gives the Federal Communications Commission the "authority to inspect all radio installations associated with stations required to be licensed by any Act, or which the Commission by rule has authorized to operate without a license under section 307(e)(1), or which are subject to the provisions of any Act, treaty, or convention binding on the United States . . ." 47 U.S.C. 303(n) Both Section 303(n) of the Act, and the Rules which implement the Act, grant the right to inspect most radio operations to the Commission, and by delegated authority to the Commission's Bureaus and agents. The Enforcement Bureau conducts inspections of radio installations as part of the Bureau's function to "[e]nforce the Commission's Rules and Regulations." 47 CFR 0.111(a).

Both licensees and non-licensees must allow an FCC Agent to inspect their radio equipment. Along with the privilege of possessing a license come responsibilities such as knowing the applicable rules, including allowing the station to be inspected. Licensees should be aware of the Commission's right to inspect. Equally important, FCC Agents are allowed to inspect the radio equipment of non-licensees. Non-licensees include those individuals or entities operating in accordance with Part 15 of the Rules. Non-licensees also include those who should have a license to operate their equipment but have not obtained a license and are operating without authority.

Radio equipment is generally used in a commercial setting (e.g., commercial broadcast station, land mobile station, commercial delivery service) or a residential setting (e.g., amateur, citizen's band (CB) radio). Home-based businesses may also operate radio stations. This fact sheet addresses inspection of radio stations in both the commercial and residential settings.

... Q: What happens if I do not allow the FCC agent to inspect my equipment?

A: Failure to allow inspection forecloses the opportunity to resolve the problem. Thus, refusal to allow inspection is a serious challenge to the Commission's authority to inspect radio stations and is a violation of the Rules. Such a refusal may lead to revocation of a license, maximum monetary forfeiture, or other Commission sanctions.

Q: The FCC Agent standing at my door does not have a search warrant, so I don't have to let him in, right?

A: Wrong. Search warrants are needed for entry involving criminal matters. One of the requirements as a licensee, or non-licensee subject to the Commission's Rules, is to allow inspection of your radio equipment by FCC personnel. Whether you operate an amateur station or any other radio device, your authorization from the Commission comes with the obligation to allow inspection. Even radio stations licensed under a "blanket" rule or approval, such as Citizen's Band (CB) Radio, are subject to the Commission's inspection requirement.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/guides/inspection-fact-sheet

Not a joke. Radio is the last place you can express your old fashioned views, politic, and be politicly incorrect all you want. I love my radio. Nobody will ever be able to censor your free speech.
Ok, then it's just a silly statement of a percieved truth. In reality thoughts like this are a way to justify giving up your rights, because "I'll always have uncensored radio". By the time they toe your line you have no rights and will happily give up radio and cling to a different fallacy. I will always have my thoughts, my brain cant be censored..... wanna bet?

Last edited:
INSPECTION AUTHORITY

Section 303(n) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, (Act) gives the Federal Communications Commission the "authority to inspect all radio installations associated with stations required to be licensed by any Act, or which the Commission by rule has authorized to operate without a license under section 307(e)(1), or which are subject to the provisions of any Act, treaty, or convention binding on the United States . . ." 47 U.S.C. 303(n) Both Section 303(n) of the Act, and the Rules which implement the Act, grant the right to inspect most radio operations to the Commission, and by delegated authority to the Commission's Bureaus and agents. The Enforcement Bureau conducts inspections of radio installations as part of the Bureau's function to "[e]nforce the Commission's Rules and Regulations." 47 CFR 0.111(a).

Both licensees and non-licensees must allow an FCC Agent to inspect their radio equipment. Along with the privilege of possessing a license come responsibilities such as knowing the applicable rules, including allowing the station to be inspected. Licensees should be aware of the Commission's right to inspect. Equally important, FCC Agents are allowed to inspect the radio equipment of non-licensees. Non-licensees include those individuals or entities operating in accordance with Part 15 of the Rules. Non-licensees also include those who should have a license to operate their equipment but have not obtained a license and are operating without authority.

Radio equipment is generally used in a commercial setting (e.g., commercial broadcast station, land mobile station, commercial delivery service) or a residential setting (e.g., amateur, citizen's band (CB) radio). Home-based businesses may also operate radio stations. This fact sheet addresses inspection of radio stations in both the commercial and residential settings.

... Q: What happens if I do not allow the FCC agent to inspect my equipment?

A: Failure to allow inspection forecloses the opportunity to resolve the problem. Thus, refusal to allow inspection is a serious challenge to the Commission's authority to inspect radio stations and is a violation of the Rules. Such a refusal may lead to revocation of a license, maximum monetary forfeiture, or other Commission sanctions.

Q: The FCC Agent standing at my door does not have a search warrant, so I don't have to let him in, right?

A: Wrong. Search warrants are needed for entry involving criminal matters. One of the requirements as a licensee, or non-licensee subject to the Commission's Rules, is to allow inspection of your radio equipment by FCC personnel. Whether you operate an amateur station or any other radio device, your authorization from the Commission comes with the obligation to allow inspection. Even radio stations licensed under a "blanket" rule or approval, such as Citizen's Band (CB) Radio, are subject to the Commission's inspection requirement.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/guides/inspection-fact-sheet

I hate to disappoint anyone but they can not force there way into your house.
If you refuse to allow them in they can fine you, but, they cannot force there way in.
I have seen this with my own eyes.
There is the case of Ira Jones vers the FCC were field agents show up at his house several times demanding that they be allowed to inspect his station.
He refused.
They left several " NAL's " on his front porch, they then showed up with two police officers and demanded to be let in to inspect his station.
The officers had to tell the field agents that with out a warrant, they could not force there way into the house.
They finally fined him $7,000.00 and he refused to pay it.
Really.
Last time I drove down there he was still on 27.165 raising hate and discontent.
The Merced City Fire department solved the problem With equipment upgrades.

Then there is the case of Steven Duckwald.
He terrorized the local CB' ers in a small town in central CA for years, running big Amps and ham equipment.
Letters were written to local, state and federal officials.
FCC tried to inspect his station.
He refused.
It got so bad that there was a couple of drive by shootings, yes people drove past his house and shot holes in it as he shot back at them.
In the end he was arrested and charged on weapons and violence charges by federal marshals, not radio related charges..
By the way the FCC never inspected his station.
Yes they can fine you if you do not allow a inspection, but they can not force there way into your home.

Just be aware that refusing to allow them in can get you fined.

And collecting that fine is a matter of just how hard they are willing to push it.
It seems if you are a multi million dollar Corp that will just pay up, they will fight for them big bucks.

See PDF file below re Ira Jones

Jeff

Attachments

• DA-12-1195A1.pdf
    144.8 KB · Views: 157

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.