• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Changing The Intensity Of The Channel Display

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
Does anyone know what resistor will change the intensity of the channel display on bright on a Cobra 29LTD?

I found some info on the black and chrome for changing the intensity of the meter light and channel display, but it is different on the LTD.

I pulled R115, R116 and R117. After pulling R117 I lost the dim setting but I still have the bright with all three resistors out.

Hi Mike, R115,R116 and R117 are out of the radio and the channel selector is still on????????

Are you certain that you removed R117 ?? If there is voltage on the collector of TR22, then (according to the schematic I'm looking at) R117 is still in the circuit.
U
Are you certain that you removed R117 ?? If there is voltage on the collector of TR22, then (according to the schematic I'm looking at) R117 is still in the circuit.
Yes, I unsoldeted both ends and took them out of the radio and tried putting them back one at a time

But that gives me an idea, I will just change the 117 and be done with it, I'll change the other values to get the meter to where I want it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.