• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Channel 13 in southwest missouri

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
Every morning at 6:30 am to 7:30 pm i get a dead key radio signal it dont bleed over.tried 4 radios.1 in my pickup has it too.strange part i can talk and recieve fine on 12 and 14. Only 4 houses nearby like 1 mile and more to next house.i drove round signal stayes constant.only thing i wonder about is the rural water tower half mile from my house.it has 2 antennas n top n 80 ft tall.
If its a cb keyed im hoping it burns up but this as been going on for 3 months. Need to contac the rural water company n ask them.i use my well so its a phone number hunt

20180922_094833.jpg20180922_094906.jpg 20180922_094856.jpgas can be seen the needle is up.quiet on 12 n 14 but today i got a drop in recieved signal.maybe its burning up. My 99v has a stingy meter too.sears roadtalker 40 shows full needle swing delta force shows about 7

Tracking is all about signal strength. If you think you’re in the suspect area like that water tower, disconnect your antenna. If you still get a strong reading with no antenna, you’re near or at ground zero. A dummy load connected to a coax switch is useful for switching between it and the antenna. Start decreasing your RF gain whenever your readings get very strong. A walkie talkie with a collapsible antenna is also a handy tool while you're getting close to the source on foot. Two people will usually find the culprit faster than one. One person needs to concentrate on driving while the other is constantly looking at the meter. That eliminates the cars behind you from calling 911 thinking you’re drunk. :D

My policy would be to actually find the source first before making any phone calls or knocking on any doors. I've been falsely accused of TV interference a few times because of people making the wrong assumption by merely looking up at my antennas.

Reactions: Rwb
this is interesting:
https://w3.usa.siemens.com/mobility/us/en/Events/railway-interchange/Documents/SIE_BRO_ACSES.pdf

check out page 5 specifically:

"Antenna & CTV The antenna & CTV provide a field proven means by which transponders can transfer information to the ACSES on-board computer. The antenna is mounted under the vehicle and is connected through the CTV to the ACSES on-board computer. When the vehicle is in motion, the antenna is turned on and continuously transmits a sweep frequency of 27.115 MHz downward to the tracks. Antenna and CTV Operation When the train passes over a transponder, the 27.115 MHz carrier powers the transponder, which allows it to send a 4.5 MHz signal back to the train with coded information representing the restrictions ahead. In order to properly channel the electromagnetic field radiation, the antenna features mechanical and electromagnetic protection plates on all its surfaces, except the bottom one where the electromagnetic field is transmitted."

LC

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
this is interesting:
https://w3.usa.siemens.com/mobility/us/en/Events/railway-interchange/Documents/SIE_BRO_ACSES.pdf

"Antenna & CTV The antenna & CTV provide a field proven means by which transponders can transfer information to the ACSES on-board computer. The antenna is mounted under the vehicle and is connected through the CTV to the ACSES on-board computer. When the vehicle is in motion, the antenna is turned on and continuously transmits a sweep frequency of 27.115 MHz downward to the tracks. Antenna and CTV Operation When the train passes over a transponder, the 27.115 MHz carrier powers the transponder, which allows it to send a 4.5 MHz signal back to the train with coded information representing the restrictions ahead. In order to properly channel the electromagnetic field radiation, the antenna features mechanical and electromagnetic protection plates on all its surfaces, except the bottom one where the electromagnetic field is transmitted."

LC
Its a good thing they chose the lucky 13 channel to do this....

Reactions: sunbulls and Rwb
LDS transmit the previous days obits to "THE BIG MOUNTAIN" at that time every morning.......Only in SW Missouri, tho. And only from water towers.

this is interesting:

LC
wow nearest train is 6 miles from me but what keeps any of us from keying up on that freq n making things happen? Sideband would be stronger.interesting item thank you for sharing

The rural water tower is just closest to me.on base signal goes up n down.today its got needle pegged so i parked by it n unhooked coax needle pegged.luckily its on a dirt road,drove half mile coax unhooked n still got a solid mid scale needle.1 mile n needle went to 0.hooked coax up n bam full needle.kinda puts water tower on the spot

All that H2O gives those LDS water tower antennas really good ground. Unless they are isolated from the vessel. Every time I see a water tower reminds me I want to install a metal pipe nipple with a ground lug attached somewhere along the H20 line. Wire to antenna ground through water and down the well. Although, I'm only a couple miles from the coast it might really make an improvement for rec. You will have to find out who leases the space for the antenna on the tower and contact them directly. I'm very sure if you local water authority is anything like down here, very little gets done. Heck, GBRA have a hard time keeping the pumps going. They have aux. pumps hooked to tractors pumping out of the clarification ponds and running the oxidation pumps. If you come to Texas DON'T DRINK THE WATER!

Its a good thing they chose the lucky 13 channel to do this....
It’s strange to me that the railroad would choose such an unreliable frequency that’s subject to local CB interference and skip conditions. One would also think security issues against hackers would be a factor in their decision also, apparently not. Logic would assume that something that would involve the latest microwave or laser technology would have been better choice, but what do I know. I also read somewhere that digital is allowed on some 27mhz CB frequencies in a few other countries, but not on any American CB frequencies yet. Maybe I'm wrong. Of course circumventing the law is not a problem for those that have the required monetary clout. That's become a reality...

It’s strange to me that the railroad would choose such an unreliable frequency that’s subject to local CB interference and skip conditions. One would also think security issues against hackers would be a factor in their decision also, apparently not. Logic would assume that something that would involve the latest microwave or laser technology would have been better choice, but what do I know. I also read somewhere that digital is allowed on some 27mhz CB frequencies in a few other countries, but not on any American CB frequencies yet. Maybe I'm wrong. Of course circumventing the law is not a problem for those that have the required monetary clout. That's become a reality...
All we need is for some terrorists to try and jam the signal with a CB and then we will be banning CBs.......

All that H2O gives those LDS water tower antennas really good ground. Unless they are isolated from the vessel. Every time I see a water tower reminds me I want to install a metal pipe nipple with a ground lug attached somewhere along the H20 line. Wire to antenna ground through water and down the well. Although, I'm only a couple miles from the coast it might really make an improvement for rec. You will have to find out who leases the space for the antenna on the tower and contact them directly. I'm very sure if you local water authority is anything like down here, very little gets done. Heck, GBRA have a hard time keeping the pumps going. They have aux. pumps hooked to tractors pumping out of the clarification ponds and running the oxidation pumps. If you come to Texas DON'T DRINK THE WATER!
oh i drank tejas water before eww.
Im not on the rural water.tasted it before.whatever crap they put in it is terrible.my well is a deep well 1050 feet deep.water is great tasting

you said a mouthfull there n true facts. Scary what we learn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.