• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Channel Guard Filter's

Bassbug

Apr 30, 2005
Springfield,Ohio U.S.A.
Hello to all! This is my first posting for this website. I had a channel guard filter installed into a Ranger 2995-DX. The adjacent channel rejections with the Channel Guard filter is great. I have an IMAX 2000 ground plane 104 ft. in the air. The people I use to hear on bleed over I no longer hear. I am just testing out the waters here, and would like to know out of curiosity how you all feel about it. The filter is not easily installed into the service mount technology boards but can be with a good technician. What are all your thoughts? Thanks. :D

Thats great, I had quite a bit of interference with my DX rangers but the really kewl thing is having an antenna at 104 foot!

Welcome to the forum

I really like the channel guard in my lincoln. It has helped it out tremendously. Try Rogerbirds recieve mods next....they work REALLY WELL
Buck

Its a few small mods that can be done to a Lincoln to further improve the recieve. Somedays I cant even tell that mine is turned on its so quiet. No white noise what so ever
Buck

Bassbug said:
Frmboybuck? I have a Ranger 2995 DX. How and where? and will it work in my radio???
it wil work in the 2995dx but hard to install i had one in mine it was a 10.695mhz it worked good for me.I also have one in my galaxy pluto works good

I've have one in my 2000GTL and a DX2547 Galaxy and love it!
The Galaxy was already pretty decent,BUT,was it ever an improvement!!! Gotta love em man.
SlimCDX285
BTW: Welcome to the board sir!! :)

Weeeell. If you're really interested, buy them now, or forever hold your peace.

Lou Franklin, the fella who has been running CB City Interntional, aka www.cbcintl.com is retiring. His web site already shows the 455 kHz version as permanently out of stock. The other two versions, 7.8 MHz (Washington,142GTL) and 10.695 MHz (PC122, all Galaxy/RCI/HR2510 radios) were still available a week or so back, last I looked.

There are probably a few of these still on the shelf at wholesale distribs, but not for long, once word gets out.

I suppose I should ask Lou if he'll be selling any of his products off to someone else to distribute. If he is, there's no mention on the web site.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.