• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

chat box instead of chat room ??

B

BOOTY MONSTER

how about having a chat box at the top of the homepage here rather than a separate chat room ? that way when folks sign on they will see right away there is a chat area and if its currently being used and by who . ive seen it on other forums and think it would be much more popular that the chat option that is currently used here .

anybody else think it might be a good idea ?

I'd like it as i'm on dialup and could never get flash going so i'm offline most of the time while reading. live chat doesn't really suit as it would time out for me while disconnected. It would be nice to have someone to talk to with a faster turnaround time certainly.
If the chat feature was built on javascript like omegle it would work on nearly any computer out there.

how about having a chat box at the top of the homepage here rather than a separate chat room ? that way when folks sign on they will see right away there is a chat area and if its currently being used and by who . ive seen it on other forums and think it would be much more popular that the chat option that is currently used here .

anybody else think it might be a good idea ?

Please God no! My laptop screen does not need that gayness, BM you come up with some good topics and suggestions but I have to say HELL NO! to this one.

not unless we could turn it off. i wont even go to site with a shoutbox or chat box up top. to be honest i didnt even know there was a chat room anymore. i remember the irc one from the old boards. i had my client set to auto recnnect so mole and the others would get a hell of a kick out of booting me and having me pop back in a second later. good fun.

the best ones i have seen are just small ones on the side (where the google adds would be if you dont block them).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.