• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cheap TCXO installed in Kenwood TS-450s

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
My radio was drifting a lot with the Stock crystal so i picked up a cheap tcxo I Though I would post this just in case any one wants to put on in there TS-450 or any Kenwood that takes the SO-2 option tcxo there rare and a lot of money and i wanted to show off my work.. It would be nice if it was just a drop in but the +5v and the single out pins are flipped so i was not going to let that stop me! I cut a small PCB to make it pin compatible.
the out come it is so much nicer! just turn it on and talk!

I go this one from E-Bay it was marked as $20 shipped but he took an offer for $15 :D

here it is soldered onto a board

Back side
18519528_10154690516346448_2419341249362482662_n_zpsrh2mhrft.jpg
[/URL]

testing it before installing it in to the radio just in case it lets the smoke out..

the frequency counter i have in the pic i retrofitted a TCXO in that i took it to a local place and had them make sure it was spot on..

oh yeah there it is all sitting pretty (y)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned