• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Checking out a 2950dx in 2 hours....

SuperDave

Sep 10, 2012
Luling, La.
Going to look at a 2950dx in about 2 hours... My post is kinda late, but I'm trying to get some feed back before I go.

Here is what I know about the radio:

The radio is in good condition and he received it on a trade-in. With the RF knob turned down he says its showing 5 watts and with it turned wide open it's showing 30. He's a localy guy that I found on the internet. I think he runs a small shop out of his home.

He wants 170 for the radio with a stock mic.

Any tips or info on what to look for?

Thanks!

Yeah, those older models have no replacement part available any more for the CPU.

So check out the display and see that it does not scramble when turned on.

Also ask him if it had been hacked for better AM transmit. You won't want that. The best use for this radio is for SSB use, and having the AM mods to it just screws up the SSB transmit quality.

If it is otherwise decent shape/unhacked, $150-170 is all it would be worth.
If it has been hacked; then it will cost you $$ to have it restored, so ask the questions first.

I almost bought one at a hamfest for 100, probably could have gotten it for less, but like posted, parts are getting harder to find for them. 170 is too much I'm my book, even in mint condition I think 125 is a good deal.

Yeah mods are not cool.... I just sent out my RCI-2990 I think I fixed 90% of it but now I sent it off to have the rest of it looked at.... Take a look inside make shure stuff is not cut or missing.

Thanks guys! I'm glad I had the chance to make this post before I went to look at it. I will let yall know what I find out! I was pumped up about this radio until now! Oh well, I'm still going to go look at it.

Yea, ya lost me when you said it dead keyed 5 watts on Lo and 30 wide open, no friggen way. If it was a new mosfet green display 2950DX then it can be fixed for the money, but an old beat up out of tune orange display 2950................... NOPE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.