• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cherokee CBS 2100 Power Mods

mag69

Oct 2, 2005
MI
I got a Cherokee CBS 2100 from my father before he pass 2 years ago and just started to check it out, I say its a good looking rig but it seems a bit under powered keys 3 and swings 12 and if I turn on the clear drive it squeals big time and it also has a tin can sound over the air, a fellow CBer said I would have to take out the main board and put in a Cobra 148 board to inprove the radio, but then I would lose alot of toys or he said to use a amp but I don't want to spend 200.00 for a amp.
So what can I do to improve this radio without gutting it and give it more bass sound?
Thanks as always for any help

There's a couple different things you can do, but a basic tune up will probably solve your issue. If you have a preference on the audio, a couple capacitor changes can work wonders, as well. If I were in your situation, I'd send the radio to a good tech (like Communications Experts), explain what you're looking for and you'll be happy without spending a ton of money.

Reactions: sidewinder992
Communications Experts

Does anyone have the link for the Communications Experts
It Sounds like something I might have to do to improve the radio proformance and sound
Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.