• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chime in if you own a Modern President CB Radio AM or SSB

Just becasue I expect a CB radio to have grown with me since 1991 is not expecting much. That is fairly low standard!
Unfortunately CB is a dying hobby, cheap overseas products now dominate the field and quality has gone by the wayside. As was said above you have out grown it, time to move up and get your ticket or stay stagnant in hobby that will see little innovation or quality. The really good gear form the haydays are gone and getting harder and harder to find.

• Wow
Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
Just like all the cheap disposable electronics now days, CB equipment in a dying market falls by the way side. Most people use Ham equipment on 11m when they want better quality or more features. For someone just wanting to get on the air, the Cobra 19 at Wally World for $40 is a good deal. I always look on the shelf when I go there and there is always a different number of boxes like people seem to be buying them. The crap magnet mount antenna they sell always has a full rack and they are starting to get some dust on them.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
No one gets it...SIGH...

You have a service manual?

There's your plans.

Apparently the company that makes the radio, has abandoned it - so to it' it's old technology but to those of us that still use it - it's a valuable commodity.

I'm not saying "copycatter" just remember the technology that made it, back then, was the "Cats meow" (SIC) but not forever kept in circulation.

We are as old as the museum we keep - so the technology is old. But we cannot stop the progression of newer technology - as they attempt to replace that which we take for granted.

As long as we take care of the stuff we own as we take care of ourselves - we will exist, but if we fail to keep ourselves well - as in - we age either gracefully or carelessly - it will reflect upon ourselves, just someone else with "own" the inanimate object of our affections - or it winds up in a dump.

Hell of a way to look at it - albeit as we keep holding onto the past - that the items may be a stone to some, the legacy of the use of it as well as the friends and communication generated by the use of it - make it last - not as a memory but as a tangible thing - alive in some way as a means to maintain memories and emotions of a time when things were much simpler.

Let's just keep it in perspective.

Jetsons.= Off.

:+> Andy <+:

I had the president lincoln 2 v3 and i was very pleased with it as a base radio everything was dead on correct tho i cannot comment about its physical durabilty in a harsh environment outside the home maybe because my radio station goes in the living room.

Reactions: Rwb
I've been plenty pleased with the equipment I now have stockpiled. There's plenty in my collection to now last me the rest of my days hopefully. Anything else that I don’t have is now only a want and not a need. President has done well as it seems so no panic here from my side of the field.

Last edited:
well,new lincolin v ii + hooked to a rm italy kl 200p hooked to a sirrio 8000 .bottom of antenna is only 12 ft above ground. it will go up more later on. ive made many contacs with it in short time. the radio had a flaw,channel changing on its own.
called walcott radio where i got it n they sent me new mic n that cured it. new mic has thicker cord so some change.
the more i use this radio the more im liking it
i got 2 bearcat 980 radios. both of em are crap. early build and late build . the early build screen colors are now murky looking,the other changes channels for no reason.even with mic unhooked. both are in 2 of the semis i drive. the new 1 i cant find whats loose but a hard fist to the bottom of the case helps it for a week or so.. i wouldnt trade my new lincolin for a full case of 980 radios

Last edited:
well,new lincolin v ii + hooked to a rm italy kl 200p hooked to a sirrio 8000 .bottom of antenna is only 12 ft above ground. it will go up more later on. ive made many contacs with it in short time. the radio had a flaw,channel changing on its own.
called walcott radio where i got it n they sent me new mic n that cured it. new mic has thicker cord so some change.
the more i use this radio the more im liking it
i got 2 bearcat 980 radios. both of em are crap. early build and late build . the early build screen colors are now murky looking,the other changes channels for no reason.even with mic unhooked. both are in 2 of the semis i drive. the new 1 i cant find whats loose but a hard fist to the bottom of the case helps it for a week or so.. i wouldnt trade my new lincolin for a full case of 980 radios
miss print v 2008 sirio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.