• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese made newer style Cobra 148 GTl

While that "Jacked-up-Gain" in the front end seems like it would be a good thing it is not.
Justin is dead on the money.
At that point all that gain is pumping up all the garbage that the front end of the radio see`s. Its better to have less gain in the front, and pick it up father down the chain after you discard a lot of the grabage by filtering it out. So you get more of "what ya want" so to speak.
Now if I could get somebody to install NR, Auto-notch,IF shift and 15 thru 160 meters in my Lincoln, I would be good to Go.... :D

Jeff

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Thestonerguy wrote:
cbshack wrote:
Does anyone own one of these radios and what are your thoughts?

Just about anything that comes out of China is......CRAP (IMHO)

-TSG
amen bro

i must disagree, imho the number99 susun special with fried rice and chips is nectar, their king prawn and crispy pancake rolls are real nice too.

bob85 said:
Thestonerguy wrote:
cbshack wrote:
Does anyone own one of these radios and what are your thoughts?

Just about anything that comes out of China is......CRAP (IMHO)

-TSG
amen bro

i must disagree, imho the number99 susun special with fried rice and chips is nectar, their king prawn and crispy pancake rolls are real nice too.

Oops! I should have narrowed the scope of my statement! Used to date a chinese/american chick who filled out in the right places....she was quality... So my revised statement: "Just about any electronic goods that come out of China are crap"

Won't be long until ALL mass-produced electronic goods come from China. The CB/10-meter stuff is among the last holdouts. And they won't hold out for long.

Sounds like it's time to stock up on clothes-pins. For your nose, of course. Trouble is, THEY'LL be made in China.

Reactions: Harley3315
Hello,
I have one of the China made 148 gtl's How did you do the clarifier mod on your radio ? I would like to do that mod on mine. the wires on the clarifier are, BLACK is 8 volt on receive only, the other wires are RED. I have searched everywhere for this mod with no luck, all I can find are the older 148 gtl mods. Can you help me ? Thanks, 73.
Dave
kc8pcl@yahoo.com

Old old subject but I have a china nw/st was gonna do the 10uf cap npc mod noticed that pin 9 isn't the same as the old pre China radios it's a ground now so hows that work?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated