• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chrysler

Nice to see a completely unbiased video. :D Ford and GM have their share of problems as well. They all make great models and they all make lemons. FWIW I drive a Ford.

Not only is vehicle quality in question but so is customer service. Seems they have the worst customer service of the big three. My buddy has a dodge neon and the transmission lines snapped off the radiator so he took it to the dealer to have it fixed. They said they put a new radiator in and they charged him for a new one. Turns out they used epoxy to fix the lines. I'm not trying to say one brand is superior just that the things they have neglected to fix are mostly life threatening.

Dealership owners say Chrysler pressured them to only do patchwork on warranty repairs and in some cases no repairs at all.

Chrysler has valued increasing profits over product quality and safety. Chrysler has even gone as far as to not include safety components in Dodge, Chrysler vehicles that had become industry standards that Ford and GM had been using and has used substandard parts, just to save a few dollars per vehicle and had continued to use defective, unsafe designs to save money.
At one time, Chrysler continued to use a latch design in their minivans GM and Ford had "abandonded" due to safety reasons. Chrysler also used a seatbelt buckle design known as Gen3 in most of their vehicles, which is unsafe and substandard to what the rest of the industry had also been using. Chrysler even witnessed minivan doors flying open in crash tests and crash test dummies becoming unbuckled during testing while instructing employees to write nothing down about the problems. Chrysler had failed to equip vehicles with Brake Shift Interlock, an important safety feature that had been a standard in most other vehicles at the time and prior. Chrysler used fuel injector o-rings substandard to what GM and Ford were using at the time, leading to fires.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.