• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Citywide Mobile

Finally got around to posting pictures of my mobile.

Mobile.jpg
Mobile(2).jpg
Radio.jpg
Driver.jpg
8 Pill.jpg

That is different.
The vehicle/antenna combo looks like a live television news truck.
Noticed that one amp that you have, built here in the Bay Area/Richmond CA.
Must have a few alternators and batteries to support it all.
Looks clean...

What kind of front/back ratio would say the antenna has?
Side rejection too...

WTF????????????

A vertical driven element with some horizontal 2M length Yagi type stuff?

Are you for freaking real?

It is part Stargun and part Badboy. The Stargun's come with a vertical stinger, I removed it a put the Badboy in its place. It works very well. Its very directional, but I don't mind at all.

I bet it's very directional being that it's mounted to the rear of any gp it sees which will skew it's radiation pattern, walk around it with a field strength monitor.:laugh:

any antenna you put in that location is going to be highly directional toward the front of the vehicle.

have you tried a simple 102" whip in that location and compared the performance the antenna you have up there currently?

LC

I wasn't trying to be rude in my previous post, but that is a BS antenna.

It's not your fault if you were uninformed and was talked into buying something that just isn't a good thing.

The CB community is rife with snake oil salesmen.

Go into any truck stop and look.

One of the most popular are those "ground plane" star rip offs. The vehicle IS the ground plane ( counter poise). No need for it and I bet they have a negative effect.

They will be in the store and in the lot on many trucks.

I didn't mean to ridicule you, if I did, sorry.

The selling point on an antenna like that is, to the uninformed, it looks complex so it must work great.

any antenna you put in that location is going to be highly directional toward the front of the vehicle.

I dunno about the "highly' part, but you are correct.

There is no gain towards the front, but a loss towards the back.

As Mack said, "skewed". A distorted pattern.

I noticed this with a trunk mount Wilson 1000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.