• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CLARIFIER MOD FOR BEARCAT ssb 980

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
I would greatly appriciate it for someone with confirmed mod for opening the clarifier to work in conjunction with the recieve to please post the details on how to go about it here !! It's been a long time in the waiting by now and even though there are a few video floating out there and some tid bits of info. none really show enough and complete info how to go about marrying up the TX clarifer with the RX ( to use on TX ) so one can utitlize the full potential out of SSB for this particular radio !

So I know there are some kind folks out and techs that have the info and it's tried and true so let some other folks enjoy it as well please and share in this post ......

Thanks in advance - Retro waving

lescomm has a video out showing you how to do the clarifier mod. it is on youtube. you will need a special diode he tells you to buy to do the mod.

yes it does, all you have to do is know how to solder and clip some wires out. I did one not too long ago just by watching the video he has out. my buddy at the shop has done several of them so far

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
yes it does, all you have to do is know how to solder and clip some wires out. I did one not too long ago just by watching the video he has out. my buddy at the shop has done several of them so far

Okay it's this video sure enough !!!

here is the video, it shows him trying to crack the channels also at ist. just give it a few minutes and he shows you what to do for the clarifier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.