• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Clarifier spread on Cobra 200 GTL DX?

LarryLuana

Dec 21, 2006
Sun Valley(Reno), Nevada
I just bought a new 200 GTL DX, and had my local tech do the conversion on it but it will not go 5 kc's down or up :( I realize the 10 kc switch will function after the 11 meter conversion so lost what to do :( It goes about 4 kc's either way with using the coarse, and fine tune on the clarifier, and stops. According to the display it says going about 6-6 1/2 kc's but according to my frequency counter, and other people listening not going that far so can anyone tell me how to make the clarifier expand by adjustment on the board??
Any help is greatly appreciate.
Thanks..........

Larry
CDX 1240, 36W124

200GTLDX

I have 2 radios here exactly the same, and there is nobody here competent enough to fix this it seems. When the meter tells 27540 for example, an external counter shows 27537 for example. Anybody got any ideas?

Simon 73s

I called the Cobra reapir station that DTB recommended, and they said that they have no answer on the readout or making the clarifier spread farther, and so the best thing you can do is run an external frequency counter for accurate readout, and live with the spread that the coarse/fine clarifier does.

Larry

Re: 200GTLDX

simon007 said:
I have 2 radios here exactly the same, and there is nobody here competent enough to fix this it seems. When the meter tells 27540 for example, an external counter shows 27537 for example. Anybody got any ideas?

Simon 73s

I HAVE HAD BOTH THE REVISION 1 & 2 COBRA 200'S BOTH HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ON THE ZERO'S EVEN THOUGH THE COUNTER ON THE RADIO SAID IT WAS, I CONTACTED MY LOCAL COBRA RETAILER HERE IN THE U.K & THEY SAID HAD COBRA TOLD THEM THIS IS SPEC ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO 11 METERS, ALSO THE WARRANTY IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A!! :evil: SO I GOT SHUT OF THE JUNK ON E BAY & BOUGHT ME A CHIPSWITCHED LINCOLN, NEVER LOOKED BACK!! :D

Thanks Warby and mine is also 1 revision 1 and 1 revision 2. Yep, when in 10 metre mode the radio is fine and when the conversion the radio is well off frequency.

Thanks for the news, and will keep them as a door wedge, and thats about all. Thanks for the news,

Simon :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.