• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Clarifier wires on 142 GTL....

Wrench

Oct 22, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have an old 142 GTL, that needed a sideband/Am mode switch replaced. (LSB-AM-USB) It was working quite well, until it had a wire tab break off. I have a new switch, but not a schematic. The wires are mixed up.
Can anyone tell me where to get a diagram? It has one jumper, so the switch on a 148 is different, as it has two tabs jumped.
I would really appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks.

I tried to make sense out of that same schematic, this past Saturday. I guess I need a picture of another, or a line drawing.
Thanks for tying, but there are no colors for the wires or numbers for the switch terminals. I guess I'm hopeless, but not helpless.:confused:

looking at the schemtic,

center of the voice lock/clarifier goes to R187

One side of the variable potentiometer goes to the anl switch center terminal and also to R147

Other side of the pot wire goes to R415 and then to ground.

MB-8719 PLL MODS and INFORMATION- Updated March,11,2011
Lok at clarifier mods for the 142 in this link talk of a red and orange wire

CB Mods
Another one have to scroll down the page a little ways, Talks about the colors of the wires

Sorry did not find any pics hope this helps

Thanks for the leads. I have searched all weekend for the mode switch wiring. I may be able to remove the bottom of another one in a few weeks, to see how the switch is wired. I put Clarifier in the title, I meant Mode Switch. I was a little burnt out, I guess.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.