• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Classic CB Lingo

So my girlfriend's son "Mr. Brownstone" (10 years old) is really interested in radio so I'm getting him checked out on the station. There is a local YouTube channel that broadcasts channel 17 in real time which is kinda fun.

So, Mr. Brownstone was chatting in the YouTube room and one of the guys said, "get on the gate, Mr. Brownstone!"

So I was immediately asked what that meant, and I am pretty sure it meant "Watergate" which is a classic term for a radio recording.

What are some other classic disused or even still being used lingo that you remember. Is there one that has a special place in your heart?

RATT, i have to ask, does he know what "Mr. Brownstone" refers to? LOL

as for classic CB lingo, there is a certain tune that i have heard many different people whistle on the air, and i have no idea where it came from, but it's always the same tune.

I have heard it locally and in skip land for many years.
LC

Reactions: Tokin and TheRATT
So my girlfriend's son "Mr. Brownstone" (10 years old) is really interested in radio so I'm getting him checked out on the station. There is a local YouTube channel that broadcasts channel 17 in real time which is kinda fun.

So, Mr. Brownstone was chatting in the YouTube room and one of the guys said, "get on the gate, Mr. Brownstone!"

So I was immediately asked what that meant, and I am pretty sure it meant "Watergate" which is a classic term for a radio recording.

What are some other classic disused or even still being used lingo that you remember. Is there one that has a special place in your heart?
first off, just a heads up, mr. brownstone is street slang for heroin. and to answer the question, one i remember was "take it to the pump house", because your station is weaky squeaky.

as for classic CB lingo, there is a certain tune that i have heard many different people whistle on the air, and i have no idea where it came from, but it's always the same tune.

LC
ahhhh yesss, i remember that and was just thinking about that the other day, where did it come from. thats old school. doooo doooo, do, do, do, do, do, do, dooooo dooooo

Reactions: loosecannon

LC
He's a huge Guns N' Roses fan. Trust me, no susceptible to heroin.

anyway, never heard take it to the pump house!

He's a huge Guns N' Roses fan. Trust me, no susceptible to heroin.

anyway, never heard take it to the pump house!
Not to stir shit but that song is about doing dope and playing a concert. Its all in the lyrics...

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worryin's a waste of my, time
The show usually starts around seven
We go on stage at nine
Get on the bus at eleven
Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

We been dancin' with
Mr. Brownstone
He's been knockin'
He won't' leave me alone