• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cleaner Buffer signals on scope...

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
I've noticed there are some techs that can get beautiful signals on an Oscope from the buffers, whereas others can't get them that clean.

Is there any trick or caps that will affect how clean the buffer signals get?

Also, I've seen some techs get beautiful signals from the RF Stage of the radio on a spectrum analyzer, whereas others can only get satisfactory or fair signals on a spectrum analyzer.

Are there any caps or parts I should start checking on in the RF Stage when trying to get a nice signal on a spectrum analyzer?

Some radios I've done had beautiful signals on a scope from the buffers, and I've ran into a few that had beautiful signals on a spectrum analyzer.

There are factors that can cause what you are talking about some of them are simply that the buffer stages in some radios are just dirty IE harmonically and although all IF and mixer stages in low-end radios IE "CBs" can be dirty you will most likely see a lot more of this kind of issue with the super broad banded Galaxy class of radio. Now that being said of course there issues at the sampling stages of your work high-quality probes can lower those issues a lot and of course, the proper setting on the scope can also be an issue, especially on a spectrum analyzer I see many so-called techs on YouTube show massive harmonics and on many occasions, if you can magnify in on their settings you see they don't have the proper adjustments or they are purposely setting the analyzer up to show how bad somebody else's work is one guy notorious for that kind of thing is Fine Tune in Arizona. But those are some issues that can affect those readings and of course, trying to take readings at the wrong point on the board can be one as well.

Just picking a nit here, but he's in New Mexico. AZ doesn't want Lordsburg, and that was true many years before that guy showed up.
Ok I usually only make 1 mistake a year that was 2 mistakes unless I'm counting wrong then it could be 3 mistakes, but in my defense, I don't really care where he is I just remember watching one of his videos after being made aware of his channel and I never went back for more.

Ok I usually only make 1 mistake a year that was 2 mistakes unless I'm counting wrong then it could be 3 mistakes, but in my defense, I don't really care where he is I just remember watching one of his videos after being made aware of his channel and I never went back for more.

That's a good thing. He sells the best snake oil in the business and owes a lot of people a lot of money. Seems he's being investigated, finally, for selling an awful lot of radios that he's never shipped and can't possibly get. One of the most effective scam artists ever.

Reactions: Hawkeye351 and NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.