• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CLRspkr - ClearSpeech® DSP Noise Reduction Speaker

Inspector_24

Jul 11, 2008
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Anyone have any experience with this brand speaker? I'm looking into using one with AM Mode in a mobile application.

The CLR spkr is a small loudspeaker containing a Clear Speech adaptive noise reduction circuit and audio amplifier.

It is ideal for mobile radio operation. Noise reduction is superb. The DSP passes the voice and CW sounds, while attenuating noise, such as hum, hiss, whistles, static. It effectively removes heterodynes, ignition noise, lightening crashes, power line noise, and hum. The process is dynamic and changes with the interference and the signal, but the effect is rewarding. Mobile voice operation is fun without all that background noise.

The DSP recognizes the intermittent nature of CW and allows it to pass noise free.

The CLRspkr may be mounted in any convenient location. The bracket permits tilt aiming. Its audio cable plugs into the speaker output on the radio. Connect the powerpoles to any convenient 12 volt supply. The 6 foot cables may be lengthened with extensions, if needed.

The CLRspkr works well in the home station too. There is a 1/8 inch phone jack on the back for connection to an external 8 or 4 ohm loudspeaker. This disconnects the internal speaker.
[/FONT]

I have the older ClearSpeech spearker and it works great, especially in the mobile. I even use it with my Icom 706 which already has AF DSP built in. When you get tired of trying to chase down all the RFI from a mobile install, often one of these little guys will just make all the other noise go away and it's much simpler. Worth every penny to me.

Insp-24

I have one of the older "base" units which is just the DSP Processor, you provide your own speaker. I used it mobile with an HR2600 and It was really helpful when noise was a factor in pulling out a weak signal. I never used it on AM just SSB. It will cut down on some mobile noise but not all of it.
On base I have one of the newer speaker units that were produced by HeilSound. This unit has volume and tone controls in addition to several different levels of DSP. I use it as my primary HF speaker and keep the processor on its lowest level and increase the level as needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.