• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax Jumper Cables

Sorry. I looked all over and cannot find a Superbat swivel PL-259 connector. Nor can I find the cable with swivel 259s installed. I see BNC, UHF minis, adaptors, etc. It's pretty simple. If you want us to see something, show us.
It doesn't call them "swivel". I am just saying that they do swivel. So, to search them, type: Superbat coax jumper cables, then scroll down until you see the ones with 90° connectors on both ends. It's pretty simple. If that doesn't work for you, it really doesn't matter. I'm already coming up with a replacement for them because I don't trust them to maintain a solid connection.

It has the detents but it seems like the tightening ring tightens before the detents engage. And the center pin is awfully loose in center hole. It can be wiggled in both directions even when as tight as it will go. This tells me not to use it since I would expect the connection to be intermittent if anything gets moved around. I have another pair of jumper cables and male to female 90° connectors on order. Just don't trust it.
I think I got some of those for my ammo can radios. I had to cut the outer threaded shell down because it would bottom out on the connector before the inside made complete contact.

Reactions: ND999
I think I got some of those for my ammo can radios. I had to cut the outer threaded shell down because it would bottom out on the connector before the inside made complete contact.
Upon further inspection and research, I was in error ever calling them "swivel". It's just that they're doing exactly as you described. The inner part is not being allowed to tighten enough to engage the teeth that would stop it from "swiveling". So, what part of the outer shell is actually bottoming out? And what was your method for cutting it down? I'm usually pretty good at figuring stuff like this out, but I'm having a hard time visualizing where the interference is! Thanks

Upon further inspection and research, I was in error ever calling them "swivel". It's just that they're doing exactly as you described. The inner part is not being allowed to tighten enough to engage the teeth that would stop it from "swiveling". So, what part of the outer shell is actually bottoming out? And what was your method for cutting it down? I'm usually pretty good at figuring stuff like this out, but I'm having a hard time visualizing where the interference is! Thanks
The shell is slightly too long by about 2mm. I found that the SO connector on my radios did not stick out far enough, but the bulkhead sockets are longer and worked fine.

I took a barrel connector and screwed it into the 90, then cut along the edge of the knurl with a hack saw all the way around. A Dremel with a cut off wheel would work too. The knurl is slightly more than the 2mm needed, but serves as a good guide and doesn't leave it too short. Hope this helps, I will see if I can find some pictures of it.

Reactions: 144inBama
The shell is slightly too long by about 2mm. I found that the SO connector on my radios did not stick out far enough, but the bulkhead sockets are longer and worked fine.

I took a barrel connector and screwed it into the 90, then cut along the edge of the knurl with a hack saw all the way around. A Dremel with a cut off wheel would work too. The knurl is slightly more than the 2mm needed, but serves as a good guide and doesn't leave it too short. Hope this helps, I will see if I can find some pictures of it.
Ok. Thanks. Kinda what I figured but wasn't sure. If it didn't involve totally disassembly of the connector from the cable, I would be able to put the threaded/knurled shell in my lathe, where it would be a breeze! Dremel to the rescue, I guess. Thanks

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Ok. Thanks. Kinda what I figured but wasn't sure. If it didn't involve totally disassembly of the connector from the cable, I would be able to put the threaded/knurled shell in my lathe, where it would be a breeze! Dremel to the rescue, I guess. Thanks
There might be a split ring that holds it on, not sure. I had a cheap 90 one time that would come apart if I over tightened it. Just a cheap wire ring and I snapped it back together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.