• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax Jumper Cables

ND999

Apr 28, 2023
Anyone ever use jumper cables that have a "swiveling" 90° connector on each end? Do they form a reliable connection? I bought some for my application and after looking at them, I started wondering if it was actually safe to trust them to have a solid connection. Thanks!

Yes. Quality ones:

Reactions: ND999 and Crawdad
OK, but those are solid 90° plugs. Ones I am talking about are a cable with attached 90° ends that actually swivel.

I have never seen them and honestly don't care if I ever do. Rigid 90;s yes, swivel 90's.........nope. Not for me.
The more I look at them and think about it, the more I agree with you. I didn't realize they "swiveled" until I received them. I don't like the idea, either. How could you possibly trust them to maintain a solid connection?! I will be coming up with some solid 90° connectors for sure!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I'm not good at attaching links. It's on Amazon as "Superbat" brand name. Not just a connector. An actual coax jumper assembly.
It's not rocket science. Point your mouse arrow on the web address at the top, give it a right click, a window appears and click save. Then point the arrow right here when making a post, right click then hit paste. Done. With practice you can master it in like 30 seconds.

Reactions: sp5it
It's not rocket science. Point your mouse arrow on the web address at the top, give it a right click, a window appears and click save. Then point the arrow right here when making a post, right click then hit paste. Done. With practice you can master it in like 30 seconds.
Maybe so. It's also not rocket science to go on Amazon and search Superbat jumper cables!

Found plenty of those, but still no idea which one you had on your mind when asking.
Nvm.
Mike
If you type Superbat coax jumper cables in search bar, then scroll down until you see the ones with 90° ends, that will be the ones.

Sorry. I looked all over and cannot find a Superbat swivel PL-259 connector. Nor can I find the cable with swivel 259s installed. I see BNC, UHF minis, adaptors, etc. It's pretty simple. If you want us to see something, show us.

Isn't it just rotating, because no detents on the plug?
View attachment 65046
It has the detents but it seems like the tightening ring tightens before the detents engage. And the center pin is awfully loose in center hole. It can be wiggled in both directions even when as tight as it will go. This tells me not to use it since I would expect the connection to be intermittent if anything gets moved around. I have another pair of jumper cables and male to female 90° connectors on order. Just don't trust it.

Reactions: sp5it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.