• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax type for 11 m dipole

IronGuts

Mar 3, 2012
Is RG58 fine to use for an 11 m dipole lead (no amp used, so no more than about 15 Watts on SSB), with a run of about 50 feet in an attic? Or do I need to use something like RG8X. Or, what other type would you recommend. Trouble is my only cable source in town for RG8X is really expensive, so I was wondering about the RG58. I cold order coax online, but I'm excited to get u and running soon--my power supply just arrived and I built my antenna last night! Thanks!!!(y)

I would use it but I would plan on upgrading sometime in the future, when your starting out with less power any losses hurt worse. 8x can be had for 35 cents per foot online and rg-8 for like 80 cents. I think I read somewhere over 50 feet on rg-58 you will loose about 1 db of output power, with 8x being a little better and rg-8 only loosing about 1/2 a db

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.