• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coax

fuzzr

Feb 16, 2012
North Florida
Any suggestions on a place to buy quality coaxial cable ? I am looking for soldered ends of good quality.
The places I have found online don't go into a lot of detail. I need about 60 feet and all I can find is 100 or 75
feet. I have thought about using a barrel connecter on some coax I already have, but that just doesn't seem
like a good idea to me. Any help or opinions is appreciated.

Reactions: Keto

Jefa makes great cables, I have several in my shack.

Barrel connectors will work if they are good quality like amphenol. Plus they must be clean and treated with a anti-corrosive like "Stuff". My coax runs to the base of the tower and I connect it to another length of coax to my shack with a barrel. I disconnect my antenna every night and I don't want the loose end inside the shack.

I really like R&L, their shop reminded me of an old time electronics shop last time we dropped in... years ago. Quicksilver used to come to our little hamfest, but he got too big and hasn't been there in years. Usually hires nice eye candy for Dayton.

ABR is solid stuff, and they're proud of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.