• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 10 Plus

Yes....VR4 is the modulation...and L11,L12,L13 is for the Dead Key.... Set the Dead Key to 2w...and the VR4 to max!!!!
anything more them that?? send it to justin AKA EXPERT COMMUNICATIONS...

AM POWER

that info will be for your overall power adjustments, should only be done if you have a power meter and feel comfortable inside the radio to gain a few more watts(with that radio it won't be a LOT more)
And the company he was trying for is Communication EXperts(link can be found lower down on the main page)
good luck, and welcome!

Thanks guys

I have it hooked up to the car using a Wilson Lil Wil. I have heard good things about this antenna, and so far it seems to work well. I tuned it using my Fathers meter, actually he tuned it lol, and the match was pretty much 1,1 right across until 35 then I get a 1,4 but thats fine for me.

I'm using this old Cobra for the trucks I drive, I would like to get e new one with more options for the car.

I was looking at the Uniden PC-68LTW, PC-68XL,PC-78XL or the Pro 520 xl

what radio out of the above mentioned list do you recommend for over all more bang for the dollar, and why?

Also, would I have to retune this new CB, I had to hack off about 1.5 inch from the antenna to get the 1,1 match.

PS: I know very little about CBs lol,

Thanks
Regards Joe

the radio itself, is more a matter of features and what you're looking for out of that...spend as much as you can and you'll get good quality....
as far as the antenna, as long as you keep it in the same spot you'll be fine, teh radio wont change the swr, thats all within the antenna!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.