• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 135 XLR is off frequency on SSB??

oil2gas

Apr 5, 2010
Hey guys just purchased a 135xlr 40 channel dynascan/ cobra and it was refurbished by a seller who supposed to repair and refurbish radios for a hobby.
The am side is working great but on SSB at 27.385 it actually reads 27.385.200 ??? Told him and has agreed to repair if I were to ship it back to him? Is this off frequency bad enough to send it back and repair at no cost ? or just live with the error ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
He had already tuned and aligned the radio before I asked him to change the dead key and add a switch for amp use and no amp use . He seems to think that this might have changed something due this radio required him to use resistors to change dead key?
Please go easy on a newbie SSB since all I have is am radios

thanks for your advice

The Milk Man South Texas

Should be able to move it is his clarifier is unlocked, if not it will need to be aligned To be on freq. or he won't make as many contacts IMO. It is truly up to you whether you want to spend the money on it. Jmo.

el capo says what I wanted to hear ? I could not find the way to calculate the percent of error ? yes it can be moved to change to match to whom I am talking too but the man who refurbished it agreed to fix it for no cost because he had it dead center but it will cost me my shipping to Washington state from south texas . but if tow of you guys tell me the percent of error and its less than ten percent I will keep it like it is . but if its off wuite a bit will return and let him do his thing for fee. my feeble mind says to subtract 27385200 from 27375000 and the result divided by the span of 37 to 38 channel frequency and got about .00073 percent of error but its probably but someone please agree with mr el capo and will not return to seller tech
again
God Bless guys and have heard good reviews on this especially when I hook up the palomar 300a will get 50w on dead key and swing to 275 all day long and does not get hot reading on my Giant MFJ meter on peak
Again thanks guys almost got it whipped with all of your help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.