• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 146 Frequency Mod For Switch Kit and Others

To answer your question: No, I did not cut any traces around the coil. I hooked it up according to the half-ass pictures included with the instructions that came with the kit. It was a really rotten photocopy and the picture was NOT clear around the mixer at all. Between the instructions and the photos in this thread, I did what I did. Going to revisit now that I have further info !

I had to do more broad banding to make it work. I followed the suggested modifications and performed the following: 1. replaced emitter resistors on two stages from 1K to 220 ohms. 2. Put capacitance diode across D-25. 3. Re-routed the connectioms to and from the L13 coil per instructions in the broad banding link. It worked beautifully. It is ROCK SOLID now. It locked right in and has full coverage. It tuned just as easily if not more than the others I have done.

Thanks for the guidance and links guys. I don't know why this one was so tempermental, but we got it nailed !!

Reactions: NZ8N and Robb
I had to do more broad banding to make it work. I followed the suggested modifications and performed the following: 1. replaced emitter resistors on two stages from 1K to 220 ohms. 2. Put capacitance diode across D-25. 3. Re-routed the connectioms to and from the L13 coil per instructions in the broad banding link. It worked beautifully. It is ROCK SOLID now. It locked right in and has full coverage. It tuned just as easily if not more than the others I have done.

Thanks for the guidance and links guys. I don't know why this one was so tempermental, but we got it nailed !!

Update: First installed new caps.

I Installed Galaxy N Kit @ C72 empty location.

Changed R98 from 1k to 22 ohms. Used 220ohms but don't work.

Changed C75 from 47pF to 100pF but, also add 68pF on the solder solder side.

No cuts or reworked coils.

Use in and out cables as short as possible.

Now a good alignment and ready to be sold.

Working time 2 hours.

73's from the Caribbean

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.