• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148 GTL/DX HOW DO I ADD A CUTOUT FOR THE ROGERBEEP ?

CHARLEYMARBLES

Jul 2, 2005
Central Michigan
HI GUY'S NEW GUY HERE I HAVE AN OLD 148 GTL/DX AND I WAS WOUNDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ADD A SWITCH TO SHUT OFF THE ROGER BEEP ?

THANK IN ADVANCE CHUCK :D ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHAT THIS RADIO IS CAPABLE OF POWERWISE THANX AGAIN

if its the later version of the 148gtldx with the mc145106 pll chip theres an orange wire loop towards the front right of the circuit board that says beep where it connects to the board, cut that and add a switch inline for switcheable beep, if its the older mb8719 pll then its a little more complicated, hope this helps.

THANX BOB FOR THE RESPONSE :) I BELIVE IT IS THE OLDER MODEL I HAD A GOOD TECH LOOK AT IT A FEW YEARS BACK AND I THINK HE WOULD HAVE FOUND A WIRE THAT SAID BEEP :? I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM RADIO FOR A FEW YEARS AND LOST ALL THE (GOOD) TECH'S THAT I KNEW :oops: I FIGURED IT WOULD BE SOMETHING COMPLICATED I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO PULL THE COVER AND VERIFY THE PLL CHIP I'LL DO THAT AND GET BACK TO YOU ON IT BOB AND THANX AGAIN

:D CHUCK

Hey bob sorry I haven't been able to get to the radio yet the new house is bleeding me dry of TIME & MONEY ;) Just wondering if you had any ideas on what I should be seeing outta this rig ?

Chuck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.