• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148 GTL (PC-412) RECEIVE SECTION CONGESTION ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
IM guessing here ,but IM thinking this is one of the first run Cobra 148s ? I've honestly never incountered the problem I seem to be having with this one ? Seems to transmit OK (power seems to be a little lower then normal though) about 12 pep on AM 15 on SSB , the problem seems to be in the receive section ? I've never heard anything quite like it before ? The receive is weak to begin with , but what it sounds like in my ear is if it's somewhat congested .like it wants to cough something up and it can't , pretty much gives it a off frequency sound on AM but it is on frequancy ??? This is truly a first for me and IM hoping it might be an easy fix ? I did change the voltage regulator and nothing changed. Any help on this one would be much appreciated. thanks SK

It could just need a RX alignment real bad. If you have the equipment to do a full alignment, I'd start there. It's possible it could be something else in the RX section, but I'd want to align it first to determine that.

I'd more then likely would have to agree with you here Mole , but this is bad !! Wish I could make a recording of it and play it back. Thanks [/list]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.