• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148 GTL slowing down AGC ..what resistor?

D

drifter8291

Hi I was wondering about slowing down the AGC in a cobra 148 gtl....What resistor is it in the radio and what resistor value would you recommended replacing it with?

Hey Drifter-

Since no one else has chimed in I will block quote from the now missing Grant XL club website. As most here already know the the XL and 148 are basically the same radio. I checked the schematics posted on CB Tricks for the 148 and XL (also checked the 296) and the cap numbers are the same not at all surprising, but wanted to make sure I was not steering you into a ditch. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS I am just passing it forward. Please let us know what your results are.

riq165

1. find C-23
2. On underside of board, solder wires to both the negative and positive points to C23
3. Run wires to a SPST switch mounted on back of radio
with a 10uF 25V+ or 16V+ electrolytic Capacitor attached to one side of switchs' solder pin.
Observe polarity!
--Negative side of cap should run to neg. side of cap on board- same for positive sides.
Now you will have a switchable AGC -- FAST or SLOW-- like many amatuer SSB radios

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.