• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 GTL

My buddy had a camback when we were younger we had a blast other than the passenger door latch I forgot to bungie the door shut and when he turned left out I went lol. It would have been a blast with a small block in it

I managed to get a good deal on one of the old side mic 148s because it had a sticky meter and bad channel readout. I think I got it for 50 bucks off of ebay. Replaced both of those items with new ones that are available from parts places online and did the alignment and that is what I run in my Jeep. It has the best range on receive and transmit when we are out on our club runs. Installed the new blue display behind the red screen and I like the way it looks since it isn't as bright that way. Now anytime I see one going for less than 125 I always place a bid for it and have 4 of them. I figure since the pll is no longer available it pays to have some spares and I can always stick one of them into a 2000gtl. Love the old 148s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.