• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 RX problem

222DBFL,

please do not throw away any more 148GTL's.

they are already too rare, and those of us who fix these things cant get enough spare parts.
no matter how many hacks the radio has, or whether or not it works.

i will make this statement to any and all forum members (that i know and trust):

if you have an MB8719 chassis radio, and you are considering throwing it in the trash; please PM me before doing so, and i will promptly paypal you the money to ship it to me.

im positive im not the only one on this forum who would do this.

please guys, no more throwing classic radios away.
dont you car guys get misty eyed when you see a 57 chevy all rusted out in a junk yard?
LC

Reactions: 3 people
LC I am the same way here. I keep all I can find, I even have a bunch of 23 channel radios and some work some do not that I just can not part with due to ever so often I find a part to fix some one elses radio with.

What LC said.

As a tech, I can't stress enough to not throw those radios away. I've saved many radios from being thrown away to find out that they are fixable, or can be used for parts. As LC also said, if anyone has any of these radios that are in a junk bin, or about to be tossed out and are complete or nearly complete, please send me a PM and I'll pay for the shipping to have you send them to me.

Make sure LC gets first crack at the radios, since he did speak up first.

A good example is the President Madison I use. It's my favorite radio and it's my bench radio as well. A friend of mine was gonna pitch it, I told him to send it to me... I paid 20 bucks to get it shipped. The rest... is history.

~Cheers~

Sorry guys, was so pissed at the time, I never thought about it!! Now looking back I wish in would have kept it. And LC, If I happen across any in the future, I will definitely PM you!! Like I said, I was just so MAD at the time, I got very frustrated and had to get it away from me or I was gonna blow up lol. It had me stumped. Lesson learned and will not be throwing any more radios away period. I am not a tech, but can do some work myself. I will leave the rest to the real technicians like some of you guys!! Anyway I totally understand and really wish I could have got the radio right, it would be in use right now!!

Looks like I'm not the only one, lol. I am learning guys and it's much appreciated all the knowledge that it have gotten from here and other forums as well. I know now not to throw ANY radio out!! As a matter of fact, have a magnum 257hp that has a burnt out mother board, it powers up, but that's it! It's in the parts bin now as I have 2 other magnum 257hp's and will use the broken one for donor parts if needed! And to be clear, the magnum radio had a golden screwdriver in it (not me), a local tech where I live, tried to repair a few things and ended up hot rodding my radio, didn't realize it until it was too late. Won't be seeing him Ever again!! And if I do, chances are he won't like what I have to say lol. Had a great tech look at it, but the CPU has seemed to have taken a shizz. Live and learn!! I am now in savings mode as I am looking at an icom 7200 or similar. Going to step up my game a bit. Gotta pay to play sometimes. Again live and learn. And I am learning. Thanks for all the knowledge and great people here that have helped me see the light. God bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.