• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148F GTL $600???

Think it was a sibling of the Cobra 200, used to see them both back in '05 when I drove OTR. I had a 200 back then, and it seemed to work fine, didnt have the issues that alot had.

It falls under the "Export" radio class, they were before the Cobra 150 and 200.
Not many were made and a lot of guys wanted them because of the cobra name and the look of a 148 with extra frequencies and the counter.
That radio did not see the failures that the 200 suffered and was a nice radio....in my opinion not worth that price unless you just had to have it for the look and the name.
There are guys that will pay that ( as you can see, it had 24 bids and sold for over $600 bucks) for a radio, but you would almost have to be a collector.
Kind of like the guys that will pay $1000 bucks for a Cobra 2000 that is 30+ years old or some one that will give 200 bucks for a Grateful Dead ticket from the past.

Jeff

Reactions: whiteastro
I saw a Presiden Madison being listed for $698.00 or $798.00 -buy it now-. Maybe someone might pay that, but they'd sure have to want it pretty bad. I guess if I had a few million $$ sitting around I might pay it. I'd drop a couple grand on a toilette seat too.

Offtopic little bit here. But being part Armenian is great a part of my family has a gotti life style and iv had the pleasure of using a gold tollette! It was awesome !

Brand New Condition.

Sealed and Never Opened.

RARE Item.

GOOD LUCK BIDDING!

Funny the pictures show a opened box item.
If I had something to sell that was brand new sealed in the box than I would just post a few pictures of the sealed box. Any radio operator who is gonna buy this already knows what it is and what comes in the box.

This is off topic.
Why do people charge so much to ship a radio? $25.00 for this one.

the 148f gtl dx+ was only made for 6 months, it was the counterpart to the origional connex 4800. 10 bands of 40 compared to most other exports with 8 bands of 40. that's the 4th one iv ever seen sold online. (3 on ebay and one beat-up on on here). some day ill get one but once it got to 375 i stopped bidding. that's real hf radio territory.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.