• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148F GTL $600???

Someone must have blew his load out of his drawers bidding on that radio. I wouldnt give you more than $100.00 for one. All it ever was was a fancy 148 GTL with a freq display.... Big whoop..........................

You might be thinking of the Cobra 148 GTL-F.
That radio Was a cobra 148 with a counter, standard 40 channel am-usb-lsb radio sold here in the states.
It was a FCC type accepted radio.

The Cobra 148 gtl-DX-+ that was sold on-line was a export radio with am-fm-ssb-cw 12 bands of frequencies .

( click the picture for a bigger image)

Jeff

Attachments

• Cobra_148_FGTL_DX.jpg
    Cobra_148_FGTL_DX.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 41
You might be thinking of the Cobra 148 GTL-F.
That radio Was a cobra 148 with a counter, standard 40 channel am-usb-lsb radio sold here in the states.
It was a FCC type accepted radio.

The Cobra 148 gtl-DX-+ that was sold on-line was a export radio with am-fm-ssb-cw 12 bands of frequencies .

( click the picture for a bigger image)

Jeff

I was referring to the Cobra 148 GTL DX+.

I know you were, ;) I was talking about Z-Man.
I think, He was thinking of the US version.
The FCC 148 F model was only a 40 channel version.

My Little brother has the Connex version of DX + radio, and has had it for years.

There was a couple of versions of the 4800

Jeff

Attachments

• connex2.jpg
    connex2.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 21
Offtopic little bit here. But being part Armenian is great a part of my family has a gotti life style and iv had the pleasure of using a gold tollette! It was awesome !

Don't forget your gold plated gun collection and 2 rooms stacked with cash from floor to ceiling.

I bought a 148f gtl dx + brand new from Clear Channel Radio and the price was $287.00 including shipping.
The 148f gtl only had a 5 digit counter while the Dx + had a 6 digit counter , lots more channels and was the best mobile radio I have ever owned. I really loved that radio.
I lost it in a pawn shop about 10 or 11 years ago because my ×-wife was diagnosed with lung cancer and I needed money to take y or back and forth to Nashville for treatment but you know what ?? She is living today because of that radio.. I loved that radio but I'd do the same thing again cause I love her more than a radio..
But DAMN I sure miss that radio..

I had a 148F gtl NOS 1996 it sold for $600 on ebay was actually hoping for like $800 but it is what it is ! And it was just a CB not the DX model

Attachments

• 075174CA-CE06-4356-B67E-4CF80EAD2104.jpeg
    075174CA-CE06-4356-B67E-4CF80EAD2104.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Tokin
I bought my Cobra 148F GTL DX+ in 1998 from Left Coast Radio. ($350±) Added a Channel Guard IF filter and a SP-1a speech processor. Just recently had it fully recapped and aligned, works like a champ. It's absolutely pristine and I doubt that I'll ever get rid of it. Nowadays, it stays parked on the local 10-meter frequency, 28.385 MHz.

Regards,

Bert

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated