• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148gtl No Modulation and...

I was poking around in mine and found that when i touch together the purple wire that goes to the dim switch and the wire jumper next to it on the pc board it goes into normal transmit and receive and works 100% perfectly. Disconecet the two and tx/rx flashes back and forth again. Radio is going in and out of tx super fast. Totally strange

I was poking around in mine and found that when i touch together the purple wire that goes to the dim switch and the wire jumper next to it on the pc board it goes into normal transmit and receive and works 100% perfectly. Disconecet the two and tx/rx flashes back and forth again. Radio is going in and out of tx super fast. Totally strange
yeah i hear ya mine been on a long time and still has modulations go figure

Just an Update I got the radio to modulate and its loud no hacks or mods done I can now use a standard mic no more power mic, and reduce dynamic to around 25% i just re soldered and relocated some components on the small mic PCB and wallah it all works

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.