• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148gtl with lx face

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Just wondering how good or bad the 25/29 lx based radios are liked compared to the classic line? An SSB radio (148gtl) I think would complete the lineup nicely. What do you guys think? Yes, no, maybe?

I just ordered one of the 29 lx radios and have the dead key set at 2 watts gonna add a k203p amp also. should be a decent set up.

The new version 148's are poor performers, unless you had say DTB or Custom CB do about 100 dollars of corrective work to it I would skip that radio. Cobra needs to go back to the good old days and let Uniden make their radio's for them. Uniden built some of the best talking Cobra's ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Man hammer that looks nice, need to do that to mine. I have one made in 1991 in the Philippines. It is a little beat up, and needs some tlc. It was working and now it is having problems with the l6 tuning pot. Maybe a bad solder joint, not sure, but yours looks awesome!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.