• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)

No I haven’t. I don’t even have a CB right now. :(
But I will soon! (y)
And I’ll post a review. :D

Get on over to everyone’s favorite truckstop at

Jolly, TX

try your best to look pitiful, and hang out a sign that you’ll adopt a CB radio that needs a new home.

.Actually, there is a CB shop there. Given the number of cattle haulers, windmill & oilfield specialized OVERSIZE loads parked for the night, there might be something of character & legend on the re-sale shelf. (Truthfully, never been in there).

No Bad Radios!
Just Addled Truck Driver Owner.
Every Radio Deserves a Loving Home!

As a fellow Texan and high plains drifter, the little secret is to daub the backplate with a mix of diesel and 15W40. Used. From off of holy ground. Just the lightest touch in the corners.

The signals will search you out, then.

52204AB6-6035-4CC3-A70D-A3524C44E788.jpeg

Last edited:
Get on over to everyone’s favorite truckstop at

Jolly, TX

try your best to look pitiful, and hang out a sign that you’ll adopt a CB radio that needs a new home.

.Actually, there is a CB shop there. Given the number of cattle haulers, windmill & oilfield specialized OVERSIZE loads parked for the night, there might be something of character & legend on the re-sale shelf. (Truthfully, never been in there).

No Bad Radios!
Just Addled Truck Driver Owner.
Every Radio Deserves a Loving Home!

As a fellow Texan and high plains drifter, the little secret is to daub the backplate with a mix of diesel and 15W40. Used. From off of holy ground. Just the lightest touch in the corners.

The signals will search you out, then.

View attachment 34314

Been there often! (n) (Restaurant, not the CB shop). Wish I’d remembered it earlier today. I hit Love’s, Flying J, and the no-name truck stop between WF and Vernon and none of them had the radio I want. So I ordered one on the internet. And guess who had the best price? Ham Radio Outlet! :ROFLMAO:

It’s a crazy world we live in. o_O

Reactions: Slowmover
That Jolly truckstop has some good eats for sure, been a few months since I've been in there.

I know they sell cb radios in the shop area, but I didn't thinkthey actually have a " cb shop" there. What radio are you getting Riverman?

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
That Jolly truckstop has some good ears for sure, been a few months since I've been in there.

I know they sell cb radios in the shop area, but I didn't thinkthey actually have a " cb shop" there. What radio are you getting Riverman?

Sad to say it won’t be a jacked and chromed-cased 4600 Connex with Nitro Knobs and Confederate faceplate.

That Jolly truckstop has some good eats for sure, been a few months since I've been in there.

I’ve been listening to a group of locals in the evenings on my ham rig for a while now but can’t converse with them. Decided to get a basic AM CB.

I’d say which one, but I just don’t feel up to the onslaught of Debbie Downers that’s sure to follow. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

That ought to narrow it down. :D

Reactions: codeman
I’ve been listening to a group of locals in the evenings on my ham rig for a while now but can’t converse with them. Decided to get a basic AM CB.

I’d say which one, but I just don’t feel up to the onslaught of Debbie Downers that’s sure to follow. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

That ought to narrow it down. :D

Cool! You’re getting a 99v2 Galaxy!
Some rarified company, bro.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.