• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)

Yeah, been that forever. But can’t find anyone who agrees with it.
Not in this site anyway.
That’s why I’ve never bought one.

I had my 980 with a rm italy 203 checked up and set up by Clay's Cb shop a few years ago. On my swr /watt meter I am showing about a 3 watt dead key swing to 10 watts on am. On sideband I believe I get about 10 watts. I have had absolutely no problem with this setup. I would imagine running a 4 watt dead key would be fine.

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Morning has broken! :)
Winter is over! :D
Life as we used to know it, has changed! :p

4 watts and a KL203 CAN be used in the same sentence! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, guys!

Headed to Amazon. And newegg.com. (n)
What about the connex? The Browning? The new refrigerator and tv for the garage?

forest runner 98,

if you can find D21 near the back of the PC board next to the speaker jack and behind the big transformer, you can add more 1n4003 diodes in series with it to lower the deadkey by lowering the voltage to the driver and final.

each diode added in series will lessen that voltage by .7 volts.
you will have to keep adding them until you get your deadkey where you want it.

the advantage here over de-tuning the radio, is that if you de-tune the radio, you will lower your deadkey but you will also lower your modulation.

doing it this way allows the full swing potential of the radio to be coupled through the diode to the driver and final so you get a low deadkey but with full modulation.

the other suggestions are good and will work, just thought i'd add to the list.
good luck with it.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.