• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 200 GTL-DX Revision 3

frogger

Oct 6, 2005
ENGLAND....yorkshire
These COBRA 200s are the LATEST MARK 3 version using the latest PCB board and cover 26 to 29.7 out of the box! These MARK THREE Cobra 200 radios do NOT have the issues that some previous models had such as CLARIFIER ISSUE, FREQUENCY DISPLAY CALIBRATION ISSUE, SSB AUDIO ISSUE. These Mark 3 radios work on ALL frequencies between 26 and 29.7 faultless.

If you are considering purchasing ANY OTHER sellers Cobra 200, beware your radio will have issues.
Does anyone have one these so called MARK 3 version. :?: ...if so is it true they have sorted them out :?:

the so called revision 3 is from cobraworxshops or howerver ya spell it, they supposedly sorted the thin as hell ssb and other things, i want to see one to see if they did the resistor cap mod i suggested when i first heared one on ssb and looked at the schematic.

I still have one and have maybe 3 hours on it. when i first got it holy sh!+ there was stray rf feeding back into the audio section I told the place about the mod for that they did it and it was a success then there were issues of power dropping off. This was all new board trouble free no corks YAH RIGHT. I could careless about the talkback they bragged about adding there should have been more work into testing and making things right. Its now all fixed but let me tell ya :x :roll:

Well, I got a call from one of my suppliers telling me that the 200 will no longer be manufactured. No specific reason was stated, but it was insinuated that parts availability was one issue. I haven't confirmed this through Cobra yet.

lets hope they try again .i never had one but a lot of folks were happy with them and a lot wernt happy . that leads me to think that a lot of it has to do with who worked on the radios . if they were all crap nobody would have like them .apparently they all had a few common faults but nothing a competent teck couldnt fix such as DTB .not saying they could be made into 2950's but some folks dont even like them . ya just cant please everyone :roll:

Got a link?

bob85 said:
the so called revision 3 is from cobraworxshops or howerver ya spell it, they supposedly sorted the thin as hell ssb and other things, i want to see one to see if they did the resistor cap mod i suggested when i first heared one on ssb and looked at the schematic.

my buddy the cobra man went to the guys house in london that created the cobra mk5's and bought all his leftovers when he packed in doing them,
a bunch of radios and over 100 channel changers and lots of 8719 and 145106 pll's plus lots of other spares, ;)

BOOTY MONSTER said:
lets hope they try again .i never had one but a lot of folks were happy with them and a lot wernt happy . that leads me to think that a lot of it has to do with who worked on the radios . if they were all crap nobody would have like them .apparently they all had a few common faults but nothing a competent teck couldnt fix such as DTB .not saying they could be made into 2950's but some folks dont even like them . ya just cant please everyone :roll:

Got mine from DTB and it still works great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.