• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 Final Output Transistor

HavaV10

May 24, 2023
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Cobra 2000 C1969 quit working on me tonight. It's bad. I have read that the NTE236 is a direct replacement for the C1969. Is it exactly the same wattage output? What a your opinions on this. Need to order the final soon. Thanks for any info.

NTE236 is a re-marked component. The entire NTE catalog lists parts that were manufactured with one number, it got scraped off and the NTE catalog number gets printed on the part.

This reflects the larger reality that a dozen companies all making transistors, all trying to sell to the same factories will produce parts that are nearly equivalent. One of these days the "CQ Publishing" of Japan's cross-reference book will get scanned and pop up on the interweb. It lists cross references this way, by original manufacturer.

NTE compiles a list of equivalent parts, buys whichever one is cheapest, and then re-marks them. The cross-reference book will list the same "NTE" number for literally hundreds of factory-numbered parts.

They're usually pretty honest about the specs being a match between your original part number and the NTE number they list to replace it.

Just the same, any NTE transistor is whatever they could buy cheap that year, print their number on it and package into a printed plastic heat-seal bag.

Reactions: Woody-202 and NZ8N
NTE236 is a re-marked component. The entire NTE catalog lists parts that were manufactured with one number, it got scraped off and the NTE catalog number gets printed on the part.

This reflects the larger reality that a dozen companies all making transistors, all trying to sell to the same factories will produce parts that are nearly equivalent. One of these days the "CQ Publishing" of Japan's cross-reference book will get scanned and pop up on the interweb. It lists cross references this way, by original manufacturer.

NTE compiles a list of equivalent parts, buys whichever one is cheapest, and then re-marks them. The cross-reference book will list the same "NTE" number for literally hundreds of factory-numbered parts.

They're usually pretty honest about the specs being a match between your original part number and the NTE number they list to replace it.

Just the same, any NTE transistor is whatever they could buy cheap that year, print their number on it and package into a printed plastic heat-seal bag.

thanks for that info. I guess I'll just replace it with at NTE236. I have a Cobra 148 that has a NTE236 final in it and it works fantastic. Do you or does anyone know where I can find a original Mitsubishi C1969 that won't cost me a arm and a leg?

I used NTE235/236 many years ago. they worked. Walked into
a Fry's Electronics store in and picked them up. but now these NTE's
are hard to find. NTE Parts Direct says they have some. ? ? ?
DO NOT BUY OFF eBAY / AMAZON 2SC1969 or MRF's or
anything like that. all fake.

Reactions: walterjn and TM86

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.