• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 gtl issue

I did tried everything Andy posted I appreciate his help and everybodies help as well on here, but I went to key up today and TX died on me so I'm back to the drawing board , but now I get my volatges at the final and driver but TX is gone

Reactions: Handy Andy
the few times mine does that i go back and forth on the am lsb USB switch and it comes back or at times my mike plug is loose

I did tried everything Andy posted I appreciate his help and everybodies help as well on here, but I went to key up today and TX died on me so I'm back to the drawing board , but now I get my volatges at the final and driver but TX is gone

This is closer to the why I posted the clarification.

I've seen so many times perfectly good 142's, 148's - Grants, Washington's and even 2000's that use the "manual MODE" switch that although is physical - is the reason why the radio wound up in the shop - those switches simply burn out - open up like a fuse - age and for example - abuse - from people volting them. When the Final blows up - takes the switch out with it.

When the inboard (internal power supply) was bypassed and they ran in - in some cases - 20 amps - you can imagine the results - it's a lot like an insurance claim game. "I didn't know" - now - what was once a heirloom and collectors item, is now nothing more than scrap.

I'd rather shoot for the moon and miss, than to neglect a simple step that if not followed - you'll never get the jalopy off the ground.

I can only work with information that is presented in the post and thread - don't and didn't ever, want to badger a poster for more information than what we can use.

So what did you do?

No TX but do you have TX light?

You said SSB works, does it still - or no TX at all?

Review the work done - would like to know what work was done so we can guide you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated