• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 GTL What A Great Radio

Do you like the Cobra 2000 GTL

• It rocks great old radio

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No not at all

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I have 3 of these well actally 2 ones a part donar and watch where you post so others dont freak out LOL (y) Although it all seems ok to me.

only thing i seen in a few of them they had some noise from the freq counter i had a few 2000's threw here like that let them go and kept my madison i miss the counter but i could hook up somthing inline if i like to
i do like the design of the 2000 but think they could have done better on the switches they have had some issues after used a while

I actually was thinking of selling one of mine I bought it and had to put a frequency counter and meters in it but the recieve is low it also need the extra channel switches hooked back up it transmits great but frequency jumps due to the wires to the switches being disconnected Its nice looking and has the matching speaker everyone wants the speaker but whats the point of giving it up if someone wants a project with little work involved or needed this would be a nice radio needs frontend (recieve completed I believe its a transistor and them extra channel wires hooked back up and bingo. I was gonna keep it due to the rising of price on these again but I dont even use the one I have in the box here LOL. Well evetually It will be up on the chopping block unless I send it out and keep it with the other I dont use. Ill tell you what though the recieve in these is just unreal theres a few of us twice a year we hook these up and cant believe the recieve on these is actually better then some of our HF rigs LMAO amazing little workhorses they are.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.