• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 gtl with No transmit limited receive.

The PLL is locking on channel and receives signal from my generator on every channel. So far I have replaced TA7222P, MB3786, TR31, TR33, TR35, D60, Tr24. All Transistors are switching but not getting power thru the SO42P for the 8 volts it needs to kick into tx mode. Tr42 is switching also, I have not replaced it. Voltages are changing on the finals when I key the mic, so I imagin all switches are working to that point. I am tempted to pull up pin 5 and see if voltages rise to 8 to 13.5 volts. I am just about out of ideas on this one and it is going to be a scrap radio real soon, I've got way more time in this than what this radio is worth.

If you scrap it, I would be willing to buy it off you for a decent price and pay shipping

kind of depends on what you are going to use that 13v for, but in general, pin 1 of the audio chip or pin 2 of the voltage regulator will be at VCC.
LC

We rely on pin of the TA7222 audio chip. In part because the trace has room to lap-solder a wire. And it's close to the large filter cap.

Kinda depends on how much current you plan to draw. Something small like a noise toy or talkback module won't cause trouble. Just don't try to power a linear from that spot.

I.got one of these dds-vfo was going to try it out I like the look of it

It will be interesting to see how you get along on this. I have only experimented with the dds types on old 23ch rigs. Got some good results though!

It will be interesting to see how you get along on this. I have only experimented with the dds types on old 23ch rigs. Got some good results though!
Yeah I know but I'm waiting on my freq counter to come so I can set it up as pre directions even still i.can get it all hooked up in the mean time

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.