• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 2000 help

fly442

May 2, 2005
indiana
have trouble on squelch.you can turn squelch all way up but still has noise and whin you turn volume up with the squelch up it will squelal.thanks fly442

WD-40 leaves residue. The lubricating properties of it are not it's primary purpose. Water Displacement is what it was designed for.

Carry a can in your 4x4. Spray down ignition parts to keep water from providing a path to ground for the spark from the coils, or coil in older vehicles.

Problem with it is dust sticks to it. Then it starts to build up.

^^ ab v c^^Been useing for 40 years now....*Don`t do it*

I have used it for a number of years now.
It is a good substitute for the real stuff.
Almost as effective, but it does have its drawbacks; Leaves an oily residue if you use too much of it, and I think that is the main mechanism by which it works, washing away the contamination, and that sometimes results in using a larger liguid quantity than you would otherwise use with a product that was designed and made for the purpose of cleaning and restoring electrical contact issues.

cobra 2000

I am going to check the power supply because with volume off and squelch all wide up it still,s has a hum. will just plug 12 volts on back and see what happens.thanks steve

Just a thought here, but have you checked your mic connection to make sure all wires are soldered up good and secure? The 2000 requires a mic to receive, and could possibly be causing an issue?

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.