• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 light bulbs

I have a bunch of them I bought from Westgate Laboratories who apparently went out of business thank god I bought as many as I did.

If you cant find any let me know Ill sell you a few of mine the standard (clear) ones are nice and bright they also have the rubber push in mounting grommets on them the crystal blue ones do not have the rubber grommets so you would have to use old grommets or do something different.

I am interested, I know that there are LED's out there too that I would like to find. Are these bulbs actually considred 12 vlot? I tried somw 12 volt clear LEDs I have but they do not work???

I am interested, I know that there are LED's out there too that I would like to find. Are these bulbs actually considred 12 vlot? I tried somw 12 volt clear LEDs I have but they do not work???

LED's are silly everywhere. Ebay is loaded with them.

You have to add a resistor is series with either leg of an LED to run on 12V. Some ebay sellers make them up for you with the resistor installed and wires.

Go to ebay and look in the - now they call it - Radio Communications section and do a search for LED. You'll see dozens of listings.

Radio Shack has LEDs. Resistor needed is 560 ohm. It is a common size. This will work for White, Blue, Green, Purples

Red, orange and amber operate at a different voltage and you'll need a 680 ohm resistor for those.

You may want to check out my video before you get started;

Cobra 2000 GTL, LED meter lamp installation. - YouTube

_WcrrF4AyWI

So if I understand you correctly these are 12 volt but need that resistor?
Cause I looked at Radio shack and the have a wide range of voltages for LEDs anywhere from 1.5 volts to 3.6 to 12 volts and a wide range of sizes/diameters.
What voltage LED do I use and I assume its a 5mm???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.