• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 200gtl/RCI 2970dx/Galaxy 95T

Burntrubber

Feb 15, 2006
Alabama
I am looking at buying a new radio. These are the three I am looking at right now. I enjoy running SSB Dx. So the radio will have to have SSB. I will do some talking on Am to. But I am looking for a good SSB Dx Radio. Which would you prefer.

Or if you have another that would be good ,Post and let me know.

Also what would be a good am to run behind one of these.

forget about the cobra GTL 200

i have used the 2970DX
it is a decent-ok radio
(for a export is good..although still a splash box)
i got out all over the world with my old 2970 and A-99 antenna

Later

i had a 200 and it crapeed out on me once, had to get it fixed. got it back and lasted for a while, it crapped out on my buddy so i say no on the 200. dont have a 2970 but i do have a 2950 and its by far the best stable and best sounding ssb rig that i have owned.

i will go one further...
only thing better then a 2970..

would be a true ham rig..
when i retired my 2970

i stepped up to the 706 MKIIG
when retired the 706 MKIIG

i stepped up to the IC-7000

now considering to retire the IC-7000
to step up to 756 Pro III or IC-7800

but of the 3 radios mentioned in beginning this thread...
go for the 2970 DX for sure

Later

you can't go wrong with either a 2950 or 2970 in the dx series great radios. stable great on ssb and can be made to have pleanty of audio on am. i truly luvum

Forget the Cobra 200, the 2970 is the best of the bunch, if echo is very important to you then go with the 95T.

I love my 95T. They have a 95T2 out now with better cooling. That is the one thing I dont like about my 95. It gets hot but I use it for base only and added a fan. Now it stays nice and cool. Doesnt drift abit like the DX series. Keep DK at 40 watts tops and you would be fine.

Butcher318 said:
Forget the Cobra 200, the 2970 is the best of the bunch, if echo is very important to you then go with the 95T.
another way for echo is the ARIES DM452 power mic. this mic matches up very very well with the 2950dx and 2970dx and it has echo. really macks these radios loud.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.