• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 ltd classic NB

smoke blower

Jun 26, 2011
Can someone help me with my cobra 25 ltd classic I actually have 3 of them and neither of them The noise blanker works . I have adjusted L19 no change on any of them also touched up the solder joints in that area still no change . I can't seem to find any info on that issue

So how are you measuring the effectiveness of the blanker? Unless you have a source of noise pulses that match the blanker in that radio, how can you tell?

I have found that the power-line noises we get here will get totally blanked out by some radios, and not so much by another model. Just flipping that switch with the antenna attached is not much of a test.

I used a hair drill close to the radio and turned the NB off then on and no change . I have a uniden 66 and I did the same thing and that radios cut almost all of the noise when it was on turned it.off and got very loud. Tried a galaxy radio it worked perfectly so I decided to use my friends cobra 25 and his cut the noise down as well the ones I have it doesn't change on or off

I used a hair drill close to the radio and turned the NB off then on and no change . I have a uniden 66 and I did the same thing and that radios cut almost all of the noise when it was on turned it.off and got very loud. Tried a galaxy radio it worked perfectly so I decided to use my friends cobra 25 and his cut the noise down as well the ones I have it doesn't change on or off
Also I did with the antenna unplugged and plugged up still no.change

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?