• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 LTD Classic Service cost?

Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen!

I will do the least I can and might even just put in the radio stock and try that awhile!

Bell's CB is WAY down south from me so dropping by his shop won't happen.
'
I think I can do what I need when I decide to, and will watch the vids!

222, I looked at your mic reccommenations?

The 2018 Extrem is a "ECHO" mic?

The #BMKG0637001 is another Uniden mic?

I want to get a power mike so that option is available if needed?

Any recommendations on one of those?

I'm sure I'm missing something? Thanks again!!!

The 2018 extreme mic can have the echo turned off. This makes it a power mic only and it is one of the best I have used as far as that goes. You can set the back of the mic to have no echo at all. This coupled with a Noise Reduction switch and the mic works very well. Other than the 2018 extreme mic the only other power mic I would try would be one of the cobra power mics. They actually don't sound bag either, but aren't as good sounding as the 2018 extreme IMO. The 2018 extreme is the best of the bunch as far as mics go though. This has been my experience as far as mics I have used on the 980 as well as with other radios. And many will say the same I'm sure. Don't be turned off by re echo features on the 2018 extreme mic as they can be completely turned off. Making it a good power mic for sure. Check out a few videos of it in action if possible to get better idea of what one does. JMHO's. Hope this helps and have a good one. Yes there are other mics, but for ones that are easily obtained, the 2018 is probably the best. Again, JMO.

Hi,
Wow, you guys are helping me punch a hole in my CC!!!

I just got that 2018 Extreme and a Uniden BA-20 external speaker!

I see, I went "half way" last time when I had that Cobra 25!

I want to TRY to do it right this time! Thanks!

They aren't too bad based on the reviews. Don't run 300 watts into one for too long if at all. Keep it at about 200 watts max or less and it should work fine.
Just make sure you look closely at the so239 Connecter as I have heard by some that they are kind of short and some connectors don't fit tightly onto them. Hope this helps. Good day.

Reactions: rob5
Hoping for an update on your install soon. While I wait, is there a good forum you know od for info to recap an old pioneer receiver? Not sure if that's the type of 70's audio stuff you are into, but worth an inquiry.

I have a 980 mated to an RM amp. So far, it works right nicely.

I originally had the amp for a Cobra 25lx, but I never cared much for the Cobra. Oddly, I prefer the old school look, too, so it's a little ironic that I like the more modern radio, better.

I don't use a power mic; at least, not yet. I may try one in the future, but it seems a little overkill, unless I turn off the amp. I use the chromed Astatic with the metal, uncoiled cord. I forget the model number. I like the mic, but my wife hates that the cord doesn't coil up. At any rate, folks seem to hear me fine. I'm hard to understand when speaking, sometimes, so I'd know if I wasn't heard properly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.