• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 Backswinging

SkipJunky

Jul 27, 2005
home
I got this radio with the final blown and D-8 all burnt up.
Replaced both and now it works but back swings from 8-5 on a Bird 43.

somebody clipped D-11 but nothing else looks out of place.

could the driver be burnt, making it do this?

the radio might have been aligned for max deadkey, leaving no room for the modulation.

try giving the transmitter section an alignment using a modulated carrier.

alignment instructions are available on cbtricks.com

later,
LC

You might try using a peak reading meter also. The Bird is going to show average power and with the key being that high it is sure to back up. It sounds like what LC said in needing a good alignment. Of course it could have been modded thus causing the higher key. Check the underside of the board around the final and make sure everything looks stock...no resistors, caps, jumper wires, etc.

Good Luck on getting it back up and running.

BC

Thanks for the help, it does not have a cap and resistor mod. I'm gonna replace D-11 as soon as I get a chance and replace the missing slug from L-14.

D11 should not be causing the problem you are seeing. That is just taking the mod clipper out of circuit. It should make it swing forward more with it out. Not necessarily sounding better but giving more forward audio. Also make sure that D8 (I think that is the number) by the audio transformer has not been jumped out. That in itself will make the key high.

BC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.