• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 by dave made

I guess a little Cash, bragging rights, and one step closer to nuking your Testicles and stepping out out of the Gene Pool :headbang

My wife is an x-ray tech... she can provide a lead apron, but you'll still have to wear an aluminum foil pyramid on your head to protect your brain from all the RF flying around. (y)

RT307

Ummm
I went to look at some of the guys Vids....this one has me a bit confused.
Over 200 watts out of a single 2290?

You watch and see if i am hearing this wrong.

RCI 3900HP 2290 Mod - YouTube
I know the guys at FG Best were putting 2290 and 2879`s in Galaxy radios a long time ago, but I do not think they claimed they were getting 200+ watts out of a single 2290.

Jeff

Ummm
I went to look at some of the guys Vids....this one has me a bit confused.
Over 200 watts out of a single 2290?

You watch and see if i am hearing this wrong.

RCI 3900HP 2290 Mod - YouTube
I know the guys at FG Best were putting 2290 and 2879`s in Galaxy radios a long time ago, but I do not think they claimed they were getting 200+ watts out of a single 2290.

Jeff
How about simple math. 5 x 50 = 250. It was reading about 22/23. So 22 x 5 = 110, 23 x 5 = 115. That to me is possible.

I agree with Both of you....I just could not get why he was saying 200+....not at any reasonable voltage a radio would run at.
I would think he might have questioned that reading him self if he thought about it a Min.

Jeff

Weird.
I can see two 2290's getting 250 watts out if you drive the snot out of them.
But just out of one 2290 ? ? ?
This radio doesn't even have a heatsink on it - either!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.