• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 Channel indicator problem

FredTx63

Oct 17, 2015
So my favorite Cobra 29 has a channel indicator that is acting a little funny. It's an older side mic 29 and when you change to/from (or past?) channel 21 a part of the 2 acts like it wants to go out (it flickers a bit). All other channels 1-40 channel display illumination is solid, including channels starting with 2. Do I need to spray some de-oxit inside the channel selector? Or is it more likely the display is going out?

Reactions: Tokin

Thanks for the replies. I sprayed some de-oxit in the channel selector and rotated the channel knob back and fourth for a while, let it dry, then repeated a few times. The digit in question no longer flickers when I tune past channel 21. So to anyone who sees this thread in the future, it's worth a try!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.